Sunday, November 21, 2010

Great Story

Last night I went to 'The Flying Pig' with Mark and a Scottish guy (can't remember his name). It was a great night, probably the best in a long time and it wasn't even because of some girl, but the atmosphere and the live music were legen...

Dary!
Anyway - we met this britsh guy called John who said we should join his 'runningclub'. They had some very good beer at the place so I'm a bit foggy about the details but I promised to show up today for a run.

When I woke up this morning I didn't feel that well and it didn't make it better that Daria from the office and told me that the owners would come and for some (to me) unknown reasons turn off the water in the flat for a few days. After calling Kaori to make sure she would be home I decided to join the 'runningclub'.

At the beginning we all drove to the 'rich' part of the city where another guy from the 'runningclub' had made some trails. It turned out that at every crossroad we had to run a long way down to check every possible way to se if it was the right way. After 7 km. and a lot of checking for false trails we arrived to the supplies which turned out to be mostly chips and beer. And reorganizing the supplies we ran home again and the 'real' club-thing could begin.

We all stood in a circle and 'Selfabuse' turned out to be the religious master of the Hashers! 'Selfabuse' was the club-name of John and he was in charge of the punishments. Everyone who had made something "illegal" during the run where to go to the middle of the circle and get his or her punishment.

I was puished myself because someone saw somebody in some black and white shorts doing something "illegal" (it wasn't me but I was punished anyway). I also got punished for being a "Frontrunner" for being new in the club and for wearing a hat in the cirkel (which they had just given me).

Part II - The punishment!

Being punish in 'club-manner' is to go to the middle of the circle while everybody else singing a song about the crime (they new a lot of songs).

The songs all ended but down, down, down, down... At that time we had to down a beer.

Afterwards we went indoor and had a great meal that the host had prepared and some more beer.

Part III - conclusion

Slowly during the day I figured out what it was all about. I thought I was just going for a run with some unknown people but it turned out to be much more than that. They call it 'A Drinking Club, with a Running Problem' and thats quite a good way to explain  'Chisinau Hash House Harries'. I think I'll join them again in two weeks when they once again gather and try to get rid of their running problem.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you forgot my name - especially when you remembered John's

    ReplyDelete