Tuesday, August 17, 2010

πbBIB (Lviv/Lvov)

Hey there 


This weekend I've been to Lviv to visit some polish girls that Marta and Ola knew. 

Ola had bourght a ticket for me so I just showed up at the bus station at half past six this friday afternoon. Lviv is in Ukraine which is the neighbour country. I had been told that we where suppose to drive the hole night to get there but I didn't new what it was like to sit in a bus for 16 loooong hours. Lviv has been polish once and is located close to the polich border. It's about 600 km. from Chisinau in a direct line so if we had been in Germany it would proberbly take about 5 hours to get there. 

I'll try to describe the journey. I slept the first two hours but after that I spend 4 hours staring on the bumpy moldovian road. Then we got to the border and Marta said that it would take hours to get accros it. She thought she has joking but she wasn't. There where no queue but the ukranian borderguards where taking their job serious. First a guy collected all our passports and left. About half an hour later he returned and we all had to find our own passport. Then we where just waiting half an hour for some reason and then an other guy collected all our passports once more... After almost two hours we could finally cross the border. 

After that I managed to fall asleep again but I constantly woke up because we had to pick up some hitch-hikers. When we finaly arrived in Lviv we all just wanted to sleep. 

πbBIB as it is called in ukranian  was a very beautiful city. Unfortunately my camera ran out of batteri after 6 pictures :/

Despite the lack of sleep and the dead camera we had some very good days in Lviv. Saturday we where walking around the streets looking at the city. After that we went home and had an hour of sleep before we went to a resturant. They are very good at cooking in Lviv and it was still quite cheap on resturants so we went to a resturant for all our meals. In the evening we bought some vodka and went out in the ukranian night. We couldn't help buying some vodka because we where to wales people a dane and a lot of polish people who wanted to drink vodka :)

That night i didn't sleep very well. It might be because of the fact that we where 5 or 6 people sharing a kingsize bed. Next day I was tired and had a terrible headache but I was forced by the others to go to a cemetary. It was huge with big monumets as gravestones. The polish girls found it very interesting because a lot of famous polish people where buried there but to me it was just a cemetary. 


At half four we had to catch our bus back home. It wasn't as terrible as the first time but it was still 16 hours in a bus. 


When we crossed the border I got the feeling that I would soon be home.


Home in Moldova... 





No comments:

Post a Comment